About Me

McLean, Virginia
My name is Keirsten Campbell and I am a wife and mother of 3 young boys. My life for the last 5 years has been busy raising kids, but inside I have had dreams of tapping into my creative side and remodeling a home. This blog is part inspiration photos I have compiled for the last few years of my life and part documentation of the building process. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cotton Before Design

I've got 10 months to take a very old house and turn it into everything I hope it can be for my family. I like a good deal, and I love to design but I am curious myself if I can turn this home into something that I proud of with a very tight budget.  My design experiece is limited to a complete bathroom renovation in my previous home, which I loved. 

The Bathroom I designed in my old house. 















But as you will see below my new project is much bigger.  This is the exterior, which is such an eye sore.   I am in much debate about what to do with the exterior and what colors to work with; white, gray, yellow . .oh my.















We bought the home for it's big back yard.  With 3 boys that love sports and sporting equipment I looked for a home that could fullfill my dreams to design, and my dreams to get them outside to play!
















We'll I think I need to get off my PC and get back to my kids.  My plan for future posts is to show the progress of the home room by room.  So I will post the before pictures and the procress of the construciton along with my design ideas for the space.  My ideas file is already over flowing - so I hope I can accomplish what's in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment